A potpourri of stories from around the country to right here in our own backyard:
- Housing cycles: lessons learned-an entertaining animation in which John Burns reminds us “Remember, every down cycle is the beginning of the next up cycle.” (via Hot Property)
- Also cyclical…Realtors’ Leaving the NAR at Fast Clip (via Bubble Meter)
- If this is all too confusing…Our Confusing Economy, Explained (via NPR)
- If you’re buying, get your ducks in a row because Fannie Mae Tightens Rules for Mortgages (via RealEstateJournal.com)
- If you’re so unfortunate that you’re both selling in one of the country’s tougher markets and getting a divorce (ouch!), be mindful that Breaking up is harder to do (via SFGate)
- Check out Curbed’s First Look at Renovated Madison Square Garden. As a Baltimore native and unfortunate long time fan of the Orioles (no longer as long as Peter Angelos owns the team), I can tell you that renovating or building a new arena isn’t likely to bring any championships.
- And if this seems like more bad news than good, well check out Housing Crisis Humor (via Zillow)